Call 01323 404 835 | Email


Services – How I can help your family access SEND Support and Welfare

I am a skilled Tribunal Consultant and an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (a Paralegal) – enabling me to help your family access the SEND support you are entitled to.

Learn more about the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives here

kid, soap bubbles, child
child, tower, building blocks
hands, friendship, friends
Education Health Care Plans (EHCPs) or other SEND support

The EHC Plan is a legal document setting out what support children with Special Education Needs or Disabilities will receive and is preceded by an Education Health and Care Assessment.

It is the responsibility of the Local Authority to ensure support is provided as per the EHC Plan.

If you are not happy with the service or support you are receiving from your Local Authority – I can provide valuable advice and assistance to help you make a complaint. 

I can also help you appeal against decisions made by the Local Authority if you feel they are not fulfilling their obligations under the Plan.

Learn more here

Accessing transport to school or college
Depending on your child’s needs – you may be eligible for free transport to enable your child to attend school or college. This support is provided by your Local Authority. If you need advice or support in finding out whether your child is eligible – I can assist you. I can also help you appeal against a Local Authority’s decision if you feel you child is entitled to school transport but has been turned down.
child, kid, play
photo, art, children

Claiming disability benefits – Disability Living Allowance (DLA) & Personal Independence Payments (PIP)

I can offer advice on claiming the right benefits for your child and also assist with filling out the forms for both Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payments, Carers Allowance, Blue Badge and any other associated benefits that may apply. I can also assist in appealing against decisions about your benefit claim at Tribunal (see also Representation).
Lasting Powers of Attorneys (LPA)

I can offer a number of services to ensure you have the right Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) in place for your child.

There are two types of LPA:
• Health and welfare
• Property and financial affairs

I can take instructions, draft the relevant forms and submit the paperwork to the Office of the Public Guardian for the LPA(s) to be issued. I can also act as Attorney if requested.

Learn more here:

business, signature, contract
house, window, home
boy, piggyback, siblings
Representation at Tribunals

SEND Tribunals (First Tier Tribunal)

If you need support to appeal against a Local Authority decision relating to your child’s Education, Health and Care Assessment or Plan – I can help by putting the appeal together, preparing the paperwork and provide representation at the hearing.

Learn more about the First Tier Tribunal (Special Educational Needs and Disability) here:

Social Security and Child Support Tribunals (First Tier Tribunal)

I can help you appeal against a benefit decision:
– Personal Independence Payments
– Disability Living Allowance
– other benefits you or your family may be entitled to

I can provide advice and support to you by completing the necessary paperwork to prepare you for Tribunal. I can also act as your representative at Tribunal or be there to support you.

family, child, forest
adult, baby, bedroom
family, mother, daughter
child, girl, young
Deputyships & Court of Protection

If you have an elderly, sick or disabled friend or relative that is confused or lacks mental capacity it is possible that they will need help with their personal affairs and finances. This is sometimes the case for young people with SEND as they become adults.

I can help you by applying to the Court of Protection on behalf of your relative or friend so you can act on their behalf.

It is often a daunting experience attending a solicitor’s office for many people. I can call to visit you in your own home to make these arrangements and execute documents.

I work under your instruction and submit the paperwork on your behalf.

If requested – I can also be appointed as a Deputy to manage the affairs on behalf of the person that lacks capacity.

For an informal chat to learn more about how I can help, please contact me either by phone, email or my Facebook Page.

Learn more about the Court of Protection and the Role of Deputyships here: